Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sad!! Rest In Peace

Most of you don't know a little boy I knew has passed away.  He passed away Sunday, March 13, 2011.  I met this young man when I interned at the Elementary School.  Matty Melton was the name I knew him by.  He suffered from Medulloblastoma and it was cancerous.  Just 10 years old.  It makes me very sad because I knew Matty, I taught him for 5 months.  He was truly a blessing and he will be missed greatly.  God needed him more in heaven than he needed him here on Earth.


Matty's Facebook (story)

This is straight off of AccessNorthGeorgia Website

Matthew “Matty” Layton Melton, 10 of Dahlonega, GA passed away peacefully at his residence on Sunday, March 13, 2011.

Matty loved to collect coins and was extremely fond of trains especially Thomas the Train.

He is survived by his parents, Matt and Kathy Melton of Dahlonega, GA and his sister, Kaylee Melton of Dahlonega, GA; grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins.

A Memorial Service will be held Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 7:00 p.m. at the Dahlonega Funeral Home Chapel with the Dr. Bill Gordon officiating.

The family will receive friends on Thursday, March 17, 2011 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. at the Funeral Home.

In lieu of flowers the family asks that donations be made to the Brain Tumor Foundation at www.braintumorkids.org.


Condolence may be expressed at www.dahlonegafuneralhome.com.

Arrangements by Dahlonega Funeral Home, 20 Gibson Rd., Dahlonega, GA 30533, 706-864-DOVE(3683)



I just thought I would pass this along.  I hope it's not as much a shock like it was to me.  I found out on Facebook before I went to bed on Sunday night.  I was shocked because last time I  heard about Matty he was doing good.  Then I didn't hear anything for a while.  My thought and prayers go out to this family.  Please keep them in your prayers too.  God knows and it's his time not ours.  

Coupons Are True Blessings BlogTeam 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...