Sunday, January 1, 2012

Weekly Quotes & Bible Verses 01.01.12 - 01.07.12


Sunday, January 1st, 2012,  Quote & Bible Verse

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus ~1 Thessalonians 5:18

Thank You, God, for always being there - 
even during those dark days when it seems you aren't.
Thank You for listening - 
even during those silences when it seems you don't.   
Thank You for answering - 
even during those long waits when it seems you won't.
Thank You, God, for always being there, for hearing our prayers,
and for always answering in your own wonderful way.  

~Lucile Allen

Monday, January 2nd, 2012, Quote & Bible Verse

"Be still, and know that I am God."  ~Psalm 46:10
O God, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit,
give us a taste for what is right and true
and a continuing sense of His joy-bringing 
presence and power, through Jesus Christ our Lord.  

~Traditional 

Tuesday, January 3rd, 2012, Quote & Bible Verse

In the morning my prayer comes before you.  ~Psalm 88:13

As we go into a new day,
we thank You for all Your mercies,
and we ask of You that this day
Your strength would pilot us,
Your power preserve us,
Your ear hear us,
Your word give us sweet talk,
Your hand defend us, 
and Your ways guide us.

~Patrick 

Wednesday, January 4th, 2011, Quote & Bible Verse

When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it, and began to give it to them.  ~Luke 24:30
Let us in peace eat the food God has provided for us.
Praise be to God for all His gifts.

May the abundance of this table never fail and never be less,
thanks to the blessings of God,
Who has fed us and satisfied our needs.
To him be glory forever.

(The first of these two ancient prayers of the Armenian Apostolic Church is to be said before meals, and the second after meals.) 


Thursday, January 5th, 2011, Quote & Bible Verse
I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name.  ~Ephesians 3:14-15
Be gracious to all who are near and ear to me, 
and keep us in Your fear and love.
Guide us, good Lord, and govern us by the same Spirit,
that we may be so united to You here
as not to be divided when You are pleased to call us away,
but may together enter into Your glory.

~ John Wesley

Friday, January 6th, 2011,  Quote & Bible Verse

Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love.  ~Psalm 51:1 
Lord God, omnipotent Father,
Creator of all things,
You gave me a body and a soul,
and created me in Your image before time was.
O Lord, my God, I confess my offences to You;
I have sinned before You,
and my sins are as numerous as the sands on the seashore.
Yet for Your love have mercy on me, God, let me not perish.
Do not turn Your face from me,
but illumine the shadows of my heart with the radiance of Your splenor.
Have mercy, Savior of the world, who lives and reigns for ever.

~Latin Prayer From The 10th Century


Saturday, January 7th, 2011, Quote & Bible Verse

I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.  ~Psalm 3:5

We thank You, our Father, that you have been with us this day.
In a few hours we shall go to bed.
Go with each of us to rest.
If any awake, make the dark hours of watching endurable.
When day returns, return to us, our  Sun and Comforter.
Call us up with morning faces and morning hearts,
eager to work, eager to be happy,
if happiness should be our portion,
and if this day be marked for sorrow,
make us strong to endure it.

~Robert Louis Stevenson 









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...